Thursday, May 11, 2006

change is now

Recent movies I've seen (since Saturday??)

Cittadino si ribella, Il (1974) -- Street Law is new Blue Underground release. I watched it with CPR last night. trailer
Domino (2005) -- in Metcalf's post-narrative, post-Hong Kong, post-something else class
Blood and Roses (1960) -- Vadim (Barbarella) directed, but remarkably staid female vampire flick. There were some awesome surreal dream bits. Great.
My name is Nobody (1973) -- I was all set to love Terrence Hill, but he was way too goofy for me. The movie was still pretty great.
Quiet Days in Clichy (1970) -- This movie is pretty explicit. Soundtrack by Country Joe carries it. trailer
Girlfight (2000) -- with Emily on Sunday. In partial honor of Rodrieguez getting all shot on Lost.
The Killing (1956) -- I missed most of this due to business at the store.
Thunder Road (1958) -- Mitchum's son also stars in this. (I missed most of this one, too.)
Blue Planet Deep Sea/Open Ocean doc -- dude totally tried to rent it from under me.
Tristan & Isolde(2005) -- Seriously, I didn't choose this one. JD did.
Faust (1926) -- Saw with OP to close our Witches & the Devil themed day.
Viy (1967) -- for like, the 3rd or fourth time.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark Chadwick said...

in Metcalf's post-narrative, post-Hong Kong, post-something else class
Unrelated: There is an interesting law in the world of computer science which states that the value of a network is proportional to the square of the number of users of the system. It's called Metcalf's Law.

I've never seen this movie, but it hopefully has something to do with networks...hopefully.

5/15/2006 10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

6/08/2006 1:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

7/19/2006 9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

7/22/2006 2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home